Probably almost everyone have noticed Christmas gift from Oracle - JDeveloper 11g Technology Preview 3.
What new things are inside this gift? :-)
Those things are:
1. WebCenter development - Oracle WebCenter 11g Technology Preview 3
2. SOA development - Oracle SOA Suite 11g Technology Preview 3
3. New tools to build extensions to JDeveloper
4. A list of new coding features in JDeveloper, like Show Whitespace Characters, Quick Javadoc for methods, Quick Outline, Code Peek and others.
5. Subversion support is improved with Branch/Tag, Switch and Merge files, projects and applications versioned in an SVN repository. Also support for Versioned Properties including svn:ignore is added.
6. Database development inside JDeveloper 11g is improved with ability to generate Database Reports. Its possible now to perform dependency analysis of offline database object references. Database modeler is enhanced with ability to model materialized views.
7. In JDeveloper 10g it is possible to run application from JDeveloper only on embedded OC4J. In 11g its possible to specify external OC4J, that will be used to run applications from JDeveloper.
Full list of JDeveloper 11g new features - Oracle JDeveloper 11g Technology Preview 3 New Features.
Two new tutorials are added on JDeveloper 11g OTN page:
1. Introduction to ADF Data Visualization Components - Graphs, Gauge, Maps, Pivot Table and Gantt
2. Examining ADF Business Components New Features
JDeveloper 11g documentation is updated as well, it comes with JDeveloper archive. Alternatively you can download it from JDeveloper 11g - Technology Preview page.