Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hint for Oracle ADF Application Deployment on WebLogic Managed Server

In production, usually no one is using WebLogic Admin server for application deployments - thats logical. All enterprise applications should be deployed on WebLogic Managed server. During deployment on Managed Server, I have faced small issue - ADF 11g R1 libraries were not found. However, I have resolved this quite easily, will describe how.

First, let's describe scenario:
  1. I have installed WebLogic Server 11g R1
  2. Configured WebLogic Server Admin domain (develop_domain) and extended it with JRF (Java Required Files - ADF libraries) and Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g
  3. I have created Managed server - dev_server. I will deploy there my ADF application
All the steps seems okej, I can start with ADF application deployment on Managed Server dev_server:

But, during deployment process I'm getting following error - unresolved application library references for adf.oracle.domain:


Thats can look strange, because my Admin Server is enabled with ADF libraries, but still Managed Server gives deployment error. Ok, let's Undo changes done during failed deployment:


I have resolved this problem quite easily - just opened Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g console. There you can find a list of develop_domain servers - Admin Server (AdminServer) and Managed Server (dev_server). Open details screen for Managed Server and you will see option to apply - JRF Template for this server. Its exactly what I was looking for:


After JRF Template was applied for Managed Server, Oracle ADF application deployment on this server was successful as well:

10 comments:

Managed servers said...

Thanks for giving in detail information about application deployment.

mariogt said...

Good day, I am presently trying to set up a weblogic production server for deployment of a live enterprise application. I have created an admin server and 1 managed server on oracle enterprise linux. However, when trying to start up the servers by running the startWeblogic.sh file i get a security exception. From my research i have discovered that certain security configurations must be made to the production environment before the server will start, however most documents i have encountered so far, including those from Oracle's website do not go into detail on how to set up the production server security. As such, i would really appreciate it if you can help me in any way possible with the configurations for the server. I am using the latest version weblogic 10.3.2. Thanks for your help , looking forward to some advice. Take care !

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this information has been very useful

leenus said...

u saved my day.. :) kudos..!!

Anonymous said...

I trying to install Weblogic server on Linux and deploy an application to Managed Server. When I try to do a deploy I'm getting [J2EE:160149]Error while processing library references. Unresolved application library references, defined in weblogic-application.xml: [Extension-Name: adf.oracle.domain, exact-match: false].
I dont have Enterprise manager nor the means to install it now. I've installed ADF libraries for Linux as mentioned in post on page
http://blog.fekw.de/2008/08/23/howto-install-adf-10-runtime-and-deploy-adf-bc-app-to-oracle-weblogic-103-running-on-linux/
I also installed ADF as part of install of Jdeveloper installation as mention in http://one-size-doesnt-fit-all.blogspot.com/2009/01/configuring-weblogic-server.html.
Can you please offer some advice. I'm not able to deploy to Admin server even.

Priya Amar said...

Hi,

Despite of following all the steps I get the below error when I try deploy ADF application to the weblogic server.

Servlet: "weblogic.wsee.jaxws.client.async.AsyncTransportProvider" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "TestApplication-ViewController-context-root".

Can you please guide on how to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Priya

Anonymous said...

Thanks Man. Resolved my problem :)

Unknown said...

Please Help Me !
I created an application with JDeveloper11.1.2.2 .
I can deploy this app to a *.ear file .
I can not deploy this *.ear file to weblogic .

in JDeveloper11.1.1 I use the following commands to create a *.ear file easily without any error :
1.Right click on Application drop down select Application properties
2.Click on Deployment
3.Uncheck “Auto Generate and Synchronize weblogic-jdbc.xml Descriptors During Deployment”

But in JDeveloper11.1.2.2 I couldn’t find the last mentioned check box.

Andrej Baranovskij said...

Hi,

Just click on WebLogic under Deployment.

Andrejus

Unknown said...

Hello Andrejus:
Thank you very much for this information. Please can you tell me, how this is done in weblogic 12c?
Thanks again.


GILPABU